The Thanksgiving and December holidays mean there is only one Den Meeting in those months. We will be working on the Baloo the Builder Required Belt Loop in both meetings.
- Discover which hand tools are the best ones to have in your toolbox. Learn the rules for using these tools safely. Practice with at least four of these tools before beginning a project.
- Select, plan, and define the materials for the project you will complete in requirement 3.
- Assemble your materials, and build one useful project and one fun project using wood.
- Apply a finish to one of your projects.
We will learn about different kinds of wood, how to tell how hard the wood is, and different kinds of finishes we can use on wood.
Tools to practice with: Safety Glasses, Sandpaper, Coping Saw, Hand Drill, Hammer, Screwdriver, Hand Saw
Fun Project: Raingutter Regatta Boats (November)
Useful Project: Birdhouse (December)
- Drop cloth
- Safety glasses
- Paint & varnish
- Hammers (everyone please bring one)