UPDATE: We will try this activity again on May 17th. The theme for the May 3rd Den Meeting is Finding Your Way. The Meeting Plans are here. The meeting will be outside on the St. Jane’s playground unless the weather is very rainy. The boys will choose a game to play for 30 minutes, so bring whatever equipment might be necessary to play soccer, basketball, etc. I have no experience in coaching kids in sports activities, but hopefully some of you parents do and can help out.
Please return all unsold camp cards and a check to Pack 461 for the number sold to me at the May 3rd den meeting.
Please login to Scoutbook and mark off any completed requirements for Adventure Loops. The Grow Something seeds should be pretty far along now, and if you haven’t had a chance to visit a community or botanical garden you can research one online.
May 20th is the Arrow of Light Ceremony at Robert C. McDonnell Campground in Cabin John Regional Park. The boys will be graduating to the Bear level then. This will be our last opportunity to hand out advancements for Wolf requirements.
2016 PAWS OF SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Requirements 5,6,7 are optional
- Talk with your family or den about what it means to be physically fit. Share ideas of what you can do to stay in shape.
- With your family or den, talk about why it is important to stretch before and after exercising. Demonstrate proper warm-up movements and stretches before and after each activity you do that involves action.
- Select at least two physical fitness skills and practice them daily for two weeks. See if you can improve during that time.
- With your family or your den, talk about what it means to be a member of a team. Working together, make a list of team sports, and talk about how the team works together to be successful. Choose one and play for 30 minutes.
- With your den, develop an obstacle course that involves five different movements. Run the course two times and see if your time improves.
- With your den, talk about sportsmanship and what it means to be a good sport while playing a game or a sport. Share with your den how you were a good sport or demonstrated good sportsmanship in requirement 4.
- Visit a sporting event with your family or your den. Look for ways the team works together. Share your visit with your den.
- Gathering Activity: Playground
- Play a game for 30 minutes
- Soccer ball
- Fitness log
- Poster paper for list of sports